Friday 22 November 2013

Uche Ogbodo Opens up About Being Married, Talks About her Husband and New life

In a recent interview with Encomium magazine, Nollywood actress Uche
Ogbodo confirmed that she is married in the traditional way, and that
her white wedding would come up before the year runs out. The actress
also talked about her Ex-footballer husband and how they met.

Here are excerpts from the interview

Congratulations, we heard you are married?
Yes, that is true. Thank you.

How does it feel to be married?
It is God's blessing. It is a thing of joy, everybody prays for it.

Why did you opt for a secret wedding?
We have done everything we need to do, the main ceremony will take
place soon. Most likely before this year runs out, the white wedding
will take place. So, I cannot say I had a secret wedding per se.

How and when did you meet your husband?
I met him in Nigeria, at a colleague's birthday. Immediately I saw
him, I knew he was my husband. It is more than a year ago now.

How did he approach and propose to you?
He stood and was staring at me. He told me something said he should
just talk to me and he did. We introduced ourselves, I told him I was
an actress, that was it.

Tell us more about him.
His name is Apo. He is from Anambra State. He is an ex-footballer
based in the United States of America.

A lot of men stop their wives from acting after marriage, what will
happen to your acting career?
He knows I am an actress. I told him immediately I met him and he
likes what I do. He supports me career wise. He understands what is
happening in our industry, he is in full support.

Why the choice of a U.K-based man?
Men that have travelled far and wide know what is happening in the
industry, he is exposed. He has mingled with people from other
cultural backgrounds and with different people. A lot of Nigerian men
don't really understand what is happening in the industry, most
especially if they are not into entertainment. He too is into show
business as well. So, he understands the terrain. I think it is
quite easy that way.
He has mingled with a lot of show business stars, he knows as an
actress, I have to mingle with friends so I can get movie roles. I
have to kiss in movies and I can be away for some days. So, it is a
good thing to have someone who understands you.

No comments:

Post a Comment